2015 Best Headphones of the Year Award Winner from Reviewed.com and USA Today
"Audio-Technica’s new flagship consumer headphones, the ATH-MSR7, have hit this balance of form and function right on the head." - Reviewed.com*
Springing from Audio-Technica’s rich heritage in professional audio
The ATH-MSR7 Over-Ear High-Resolution Audio Headphones are designed to reproduce Hi-Res Audio, allowing users to hear music the way it was intended.
The over-ear headphones are outfitted with exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers
Which utilize lightweight voice coils, a custom-mounted printed circuit board and specially designed diaphragm to improve transient response
And minimize sound distortion for rich, detailed audio reproduction.
The ATH-MSR7 headphones also feature multi-layered air damping technology for extended mid-to-low frequency response
The housings, designed to “mirror” the full shape of the ear, are constructed of an aluminum/magnesium mix, layered to provide a lightweight, rigid structure that reduces unwanted resonance.
Three precisely placed vents within these layers work to control air flow and improve dynamics.
The over-ear headphones’ highly flexible swivel design, with soft, memory foam earpads and headband ensure lasting comfort even during the longest listening sessions.
And with three detachable cables (standard 1.2 m (3.9') and 3.0 m (9.8') cables, plus a 1.2 m (3.9') cable with in-line controls and microphone for compatible smartphones and other devices) the ATH-MSR7 can provide Hi-Res Audio anywhere you go.
About High-Resolution Audio
In Brief: The Move to Hi-Res Audio
- While many listeners may believe that high-resolution audio came along with the introduction of the Compact Disc in 1982
- Constraints on the disc’s storage space always prevented CD audio (standardized at 44.1 kHz/16-bit) from fully and completely reproducing the original recorded sound
- The advent and subsequent popularity of MP3s only made this problem more pronounced – the necessary compression of these files causes audio information to be lost, thus greatly reducing the audio quality.
- But with lossless audio file formats, faster Internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages)
- The push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better
- The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards
- Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz
- As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats
- Allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics
- Newly designed 45 mm True Motion Drivers deliver Hi-Res Audio reproduction
- Multi-layer Air Damping Technology comprised of a layered aluminum/magnesium housing and triple-vent system reduces unwanted vibration and controls air stream for high audio clarity
- Ultra-comfortable, soft, memory foam earpads and headband
- Three detachable cables: standard 1.2 m (3.9') and 3.0 m (9.8') cables, plus 1.2 m (3.9') smartphone-compatible cable with in-line controls & mic
- Stainless steel acoustic mesh resistor provides improved high-frequency response, while bass acoustic resistor delivers accurate low-frequency response
- Includes carrying case
- Type : Dynamic
- Driver Diameter : 45 mm
- Frequency Response : 5-40,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power : 2,000 mW
- Sensitivity : 100 dB/mW
- Impedance : 35 ohms
- Weight : 290 g
- Cable : Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') standard cable, detachable 3.0 m (9.8') standard cable, detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable with in-line controls and microphone for smartphones
- Connector : 3.5 mm gold-plated stereo mini plug, L-shaped
- Accessories Included : Protective pouch
- Type (Microphone) : Condenser
- Frequency Response (Microphone) : 50 - 4,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern (Microphone) : Omnidirectional